Friday, January 20

TEA SANDWICHES TWO WAYS- A Recipe.

I have made these tea sandwiches every year for Ethum's birthday parties. My mother-in-law was teasing me because I always make a different dessert but these sandwiches always make it to the menu. I say they are fit for pretty much any occasion- especially a picnic!


Turkey-Chive Tea Sandwiches:
1 package cream cheese
1/4 chives, thinly sliced
3/4 lb sliced turkey
1 loaf 'extra thin' whole wheat bread (I used pepper ridge farm)

Using an hand held mixer, combine cream cheese and chives. Spread on two slices of bread. top with a piece or two of turkey. Serve.


Cucumber-Dill Tea Sandwiches-
1 package cream cheese
1/4 cup dill, chopped
1 1/2 cucumbers, sliced
1 loaf 'extra thin' whole wheat bread (I used pepper ridge farm)

Using a hand held mixer, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread onto two pieces of bread. Top with four slices of cucumber. Serve.


-Amanda

Don't forget to enter the giveaway !!!

1 comment: