Wednesday, December 21

ROASTED CUMIN CARROTS- A Recipe.


Hey there! Here's a super fast and easy side for when you're looking for a nutritious dinner and you don't have a lot of time on your hands.

Ingredients:
  • 8 medium carrots, sliced however you like them
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt +_pepper
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin. Season with salt + pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes. Serve! They lose their heat quickly, so try to take them out of the oven immediately before serving (or after you've said the prayer.ha.ha.)


So, we are leaving for OKC in the morning. (Hip hip hooray!) As I am preparing to leave, I was just thinking about how "unconventional" my preparations are. Here's what I'm doing:
1. Making a steak dinner. 2. Baking berry muffins for a grab-and-go breakfast. 3. Making chicken stock with leftover vege's and rotisserie chicken carcass. 4. Making peppermint bark for a hostess gift.
Never mind wardrobe planning and 'don't forget your toothbrush' note making! Also, it is hilarious that my husband isn't thinking twice when I list off all the things I have to do before I go to bed.

Night, friends!
-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Yay! See you soon!!! Your prep sounds so much like me getting ready for a trip, I laughed out loud. I wouldn't have admitted it to my husband, though. Also - if you add some diced avocado and lemon juice to these carrots, you have Molly's roasted carrots, and they too are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete